Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
Prep Time 25 min
Cook Time 20 min
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled, finely chopped
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces (2 cups) uncooked dried egg noodles
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed and shredded
- 1 cup Swiss Premium Dairy half & half
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- In 12-inch high-sided skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender (4 to 5 minutes). Stir in thyme, parsley and garlic; continue cooking 1 minute. Add chicken stock, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Continue cooking until mixture comes to a boil (2 to 3 minutes). Add noodles; cook according to package directions.
- Once noodles are tender stir in chicken; stir in half & half. Reduce heat to low; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until chicken is heated through (2 to 3 minutes). Remove bay leaves; stir in fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
Recipe and image provided by Half & Half magazine.